
On Google earth the other day, I came across some pics of one of my favorite places in the www ~ whole wide world :) Mzikaba is on the Wild Coast of South Africa, in the Eastern Cape. We used to travel there every year as a family for a week or so, when I was a child. Lots of fun memories! Thanks to whoever posted these!
The pic above reminds me of the many long walks we would go on with my Dad, up and down the coast. I loved these adventures, exploring little bays and waterfalls along the way.
The pic below is of the river mouth, which we would cross by rowing over ~ never swimming, for fear of sharks breeding in the deep & murky waters...

In the pic above you can see the island within walking distance from the beach at low tide where we would spend all day exploring tidal pools and searching for carnelian beads, from shipwrecks many years ago. You can just make out a Norfolk pine in the distance, which marks the front yard of our shack. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment