Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

a sweet Easter

I can't begin to tell you how sweet it was to have our niece Rachel, and nephews Aidan and Jake here for Easter. During the last worship set on Easter Sunday Rachel ran up the aisle to where I was sitting in the front of the chapel to sit with me and hold my hand. It's not everyday I get to feel so popular ;)

But I love that she wasn't afraid to do that.

Sometimes I wish I had the guts to be like a child and just run when I'm "supposed to" walk. It makes me think of the father, running toward his beloved prodigal son, in all his robes and finery, forgetting his pride and letting his love show.

Or the woman who washed Jesus' feet with her hair. She didn't let the fact that she would be looked down upon by everyone else stop her from letting her true feelings show for the One she loved.

When those watching started to judge her, Jesus said, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman has not stopped kissing my feet... Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven - for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

What a sweet reward for the woman to hear Jesus' words in response to her act of love, "Your sins are forgiven." It should make us all the more eager to run toward Jesus with reckless abandon, and without regard for who is watching.

No comments: